Welcome to Getting Licensed: A Step-by-Step Guide.
This guide will help you get started with licensing for SMA
institutions, and provide useful information for you throughout the licensing process.
Please understand you have up to 90 days to complete this process. We will work to expedite the process for you, but the completion time will largely depend on the time it takes for you to respond to the following requirements. If you have any questions throughout the process, please don't hesitate to contact our office at 317-669-0808. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Licensing Application - The licensing application marks the beginning of the licensing process. Please visit this link for the Licensing Application page to get started. This page will provide information about the two types of licenses - Standard and Restricted - and has applications available for download. When your application is received, we will process it and send a request to the selected institutions for pre-approval.
Go to our Licensing Application page
- Insurance - Product liability insurance is required for Standard Licenses. Once we receive pre-approval from your requested institutions, we will contact you about the product liability insurance requirements for licensing. Strategic Marketing Affiliates, Inc. (SMA) is committed to assisting insurance agents/providers in their efforts to provide the required insurance coverage to their licensee clients. Insurance is required to help protect the licensee, the institutions, and SMA in the case of any claims of damages or defects related to the collegiate licensed merchandise, as well as other liability claims. Please visit this link for the Insurance page for more details and examples of the required documents.
Go to our Insurance page
- License Agreement - After you've met the insurance requirements and we have received all documentation, we will issue a license agreement. Once you've signed and returned original copies of the agreement, we will set up your license and contact you about artwork submission and product labels.
- Approvals on Demand/Logos on Demand - SMA requires all licensees to set up an account with Approvals on Demand (a free service to all licensees), an online tool for digital artwork submission. AOD allows SMA licensees to submit all product designs digitally for institutional review. If you require digital artwork for the schools for which you are licensed, it is available via the subscription based Logos on Demand website. Please visit the following pages for more information on Approvals on Demand and Logos on Demand. To connect directly to the AOD/LOD home page, please visit this link.
Go to our Approvals on Demand page
Go to our Logos on Demand page
- Labeling - All licensed products produced featuring the marks of SMA clients must contain a hangtag or sticker with the OLCP label and also information identifying the manufacturer and their contact information. Please visit this link for the Labeling page for more details and the OLCP label order form.
Go to our Labeling page